Welcome International Alliance of Theatrical Stagehands Local 74
I.A.T.S.E. Local 74 of Southern Connecticut celebrating over 120 years of service to our clients and venues. We provide a technically trained labor force in all areas of production including rigging, carpentry, lighting, sound, props, wardrobe, hair and makeup. You may not see us in the dark, but we are there spotlighting your artist, behind the video camera at your corporate meeting, or providing audio at your next basketball game. We are able to help you with all aspects of your production including payroll and ever changing labor needs.
IATSE Local 74
P.O. Box 9075, New Haven, CT 06532
Info@iatse74.org or 203-497-3067Paused
VENUE REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID 19
IATSE encourages all members to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to support the safe return of the performing arts. Per the IATSE Stagecraft Department, an employer may adopt a rule that generally requires employees to be vaccinated. It is not an invasion of privacy or a violation of state, local or federal law to adopt or enforce such a rule. While employers can mandate vaccinations, they are required to try to accommodate individuals with documented health or religious concerns that prevent them from being vaccinated. Please contact the venues directly if you wish to apply for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination policies due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- The Shubert Theatre policy is that employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine or show proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hrs.
- Live Nation (Oakdale Theatre) policy is that employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated. All employees will undergo COVID-19 rapid testing EVERY DAY they report to work.
- The Waterbury Palace Theater (PTG) and the Stamford Palace Theatre (SCA) requires employees to Show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours.
- OVG (Webster Bank Arena) mandates that employees must be fully vaccinated. Additionally, if a booster shot for COVID-19 becomes available, employees will be expected to schedule and complete booster vaccinations within a reasonable amount of time.
- Westport Country Playhouse mandates that employees show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater - show by show basis
Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule:
1. two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines)
2. two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
If you have been hesitant about getting the vaccine but wish to join the 2,705,373 people or 75% of CT that has received at least one dose and the overall 2,441,115 people or 68% of Connecticut's population that has been fully vaccinated, here is a resource to find where to get that done: https://www.vaccines.gov/search/
One thing that has been consistent across the board with our venues is that face masks are required at all venues, regardless of vaccination status, except while actively eating or drinking.
*Venue requirements may change due to the uptick in Covid 19 Omicron variant. Please visit venue websites for up to date information if you have questions.For the last few years IATSE Local 74 has collected toys forthe Yale New Haven Hospital Toy Closet.Due to Covid 19 everyone had to adjust and the toy closet can now be donated to virtually. "In spite of the challenges, the Toy Closet Program supplied more than 170,000 toys to locations in Hospitals, Emergency Departments, and Pediatric Clinics from Old Saybrook to Greenwich".This year the storage room is running very low. It's easy to donate and it will make you feel good too. Click on this link and go shopping! The toys will be shipped directly to the YNHH Toy Closet. Don't forget to mention IATSE Local 74 sent you!