of Southern Connecticut (New Haven, Fairfield, & Middlesex Counties)
  • Member Login


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?


    Press release March 11, 2021

     On March 11th, 2020, the 21 Stagehands who work at College Street Music Hall voted unanimously in an NLRB-conducted election to be represented by IATSE Local 74.

    UPDATE: The management of the facility is still refusing to participate in our IATSE health care and retirement plans.  Management continues to reject contract terms providing for a standard hourly rate. Their position on healthcare is that the Stagehands should try to get medical insurance by finding work at other IATSE-covered venues so that College Street Music Hall will not have to incur the expense. As we stand outside College Street Music Hall, we have invited the Mayor of New Haven, Justin Elicker, Governor Ned Lamont, Senator Blumenthal, and Representative Rosa DeLauro from the 3rd District to join us. We are thankful for support from the Western CT AFL CIO and their team led by Molly Norris; UNITE HERE Local 33 and Jess Corbet, CWA Local 1298, Sunrise New Haven, New Haven Rising and IATSE Local 84, Local One and Local 632. We would also like to thank Alder Kimberly Edwards of the 19th Ward; who is a CWA member as well. Local 74 hopes that the New Haven Center for the Performing Arts (CSMH) will reach out to us to discuss the needs of their workforce with regards to Healthcare, Retirement, and an hourly rate.

    After many months of negotiations, the Local 74 Stagehands are still waiting for management to offer a fair contract. They work long hours and perform highly skilled jobs without any health care, retirement benefits or even a standard hourly wage rate. To anyone who has attended a show at this venue and to all those who believe that workers should be provided living wages and benefits, please support this cause. Tweet/FB/Post/Communicate to College Street Music Hall they must take care of its employees with proper working conditions and compensation. IATSE Local 74 will be finishing our picketing tomorrow outside the facility at 238 College Street in New Haven from 9am to 5pm. We are planning future informational picketing at this site in the upcoming weeks.


    Gardner R. Friscia

    IATSE Local 74 President



    Important Links
    Global Scenic Services
    Greater Bridgeport Symphony
    HB Group Inc
    International Festival of Arts & Ideas
    The Doctors
    Judge Jerry
    The Klein Memorial Auditorium
    Maury Show
    Milford Oyster Festival
    New Haven Symphony Orchestra
    Palace Theater (Waterbury)
    Randy Thomas Event Management
    Ridgefield Playhouse
    Shakespeare on the Sound
    Showmotion Inc
    Shubert Theater
    Stamford Center For the Arts
    Steve Wilkos Show
    Toyota Presents the Oakdale Theater
    United Staging and Rigging
    Webster Bank Arena
    Westport Country Playhouse
  • Register To Vote!

    DOWNLOAD: National_Voter_Registration.pdf

    The National Voter Registration Form
    The National Mail Voter Registration Form allows you to register to vote from anywhere in the United States. Be sure to follow the General Instructions, as well as the specific instructions for your State, contained in the PDF download. Visit the Election Assistance Commission website for more information.

    Who Can Use the NVR Form
    If you are a U.S. citizen who lives or has an address within the United States, you can use this form to:

    • Register to vote in your State
    • Report a change of name to your voter registration office
    • Report a change of address to your voter registration office
    • Register with a political party
    • Not all states accept the NVR form printed on white paper, make sure to verify that your state will accept this form. State instructions are included at the end of the form.
    • Exceptions: North Dakota does not have voter registration; Wyoming, by State law, cannot accept the National Form; and New Hampshire town and city clerks will accept the National Form only as a request for their own mail-in absentee voter registration form.

    Please do not use this application if you live outside the United States and its territories and have no home (legal) address in this country, or if you are in the military stationed away from home. Use the Federal Postcard Application available to you from military bases, American embassies, or consular offices.

    Each State has its own laws about who may register and vote.

    Note: All States require that you be a United States citizen by birth or naturalization to register to vote in federal and State elections. Federal law makes it illegal to falsely claim US citizenship to register to vote in any federal, State or local election. Also Note: You cannot be registered to vote in more than one place at a time.

    Where can I register to vote in my local town?
    Registration applications may be obtained from either the local election official in your county or city, or through registration outreach programs sponsored by such groups as the League of Women Voters. In addition, you can also register to vote when applying for a driver’s license or identity card at State DMV or driver's licensing offices, State offices providing public assistance, State offices providing State-funded programs for the disabled, and at armed forces recruitment offices.

    Many States also offer registration opportunities at public libraries, post offices, unemployment offices, and at public high schools and universities. Colleges, universities, and trade schools participating in federal student loan programs also offer voter registration applications to enrolled students prior to general elections.

  • IATSE Local 74

    Copyright © 2021.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    115841 hits since Apr 02, 2020

  • Top of Page image